Sunday 6 June 2010

Council defends it's 'non-whites only' job


Bristol City council is offering a job that white people are not allowed to apply for.
The advert for two-year management training contract, worth almost £20,000 says only people from an ethnic minority are allowed to apply.
The council has defended it's actions saying it was well in it's legal right to do so.
One man (who was white) wanted to apply for the job but then saw he couldn't because of his skin colour, said
"I am a tolerant white person who has lived in Bristol for 27 years. I am currently searching for a job and stumbled across a job advertisement on Bristol City Council's website that I see as totally racist. I feel the job itself would be an excellent opportunity for me to make use of the skills and qualifications that I have acquired. However, being white I am totally excluded from applying for the post."
You may also be interested in the following article >
BBC found to be actively discriminating against white people,
found on the following link >